Join The Nature Conservancy and Lowe's Heroes to build a garden that will be both a learning garden incorporated into curriculum as well as a giving garden for the local community at Avanti High School in Olympia.
Tasks will include:
· Sawing 2x6's for the hexagon-shaped raised beds
· Assembling the hexagon-shaped raised beds
· Preparing cardboard to be used for sheet mulching and under the raised beds
· Moving loads of soil into the raised-beds
· Moving loads of wood mulch for the pathways
· Possibly painting beds (at least with a primer coat)
· Laying irrigation drip-line
Breakfast/lunch/water provided for volunteers
If you can join us please email Catherine Barnes at email@example.com by Thursday, May 4th for more details!
Photo by Ayumi Sakiyama